Thursday, May 15, 2003

Went and saw The Matrix:Reloaded last night at the 10:00pm Preview Showing. (No spoilers here) Overall I liked the film. There are a few things that irked me a little, but I understood why they had been put there. Compared to most Action movies, and don't kid yourself that this isn't one, it is grand cinema. It's really crazy though. I wish that they had less money to spend on these movies. I think part of the charm of the first one is that they didn't show a lot things because they couldn't afford the sets or effects. In this one they have tons of money to spend and they show everything. I think that takes away from it somehow. Ambiguity and mystery are powerful cinematic tools, but most producers feel like they have to spoon-feed audiences these days. Sometimes people forget that the silence between the notes is as much or more important than the notes themselves.

There are so many reasons why I don't like anything about our elected officials at this point I don't know where to begin. Although Tom Delay's comment at a Washington restaurant, after he was told that he couldn't smoke, I think sums it up:
Khandker: "I'm sorry, sir, but this is a federal building, and it's against the law of the federal government."
DeLay: "I am the federal government."

Sidenote: (Slight Spoiler) There is a scene in The Matrix: Reloaded where are bunch of images are shown of the evil things humans have done in the past. The last centered image before the edit is of George Bush. I wonder how many people will catch that?

Oh, and Healthsouth fired 80 more people.

On the lighter side...
Here's is a very cool Honda commercial not playing in the U.S.

No comments: